Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I have red-blonde "virgin" hair. Can I still lighten it with lemons?

Another question: I've heard that you can lighten it with lemons and heat (such as the warm air from a blowdryer) without any sun. Is this true? If it's not, getting a sunny day in February could be a problem.



I have red-blonde "virgin" hair. Can I still lighten it with lemons?

that doesn't really work, if it does, then it will most likely just turn your hair orangish. if you are going to lighten it, then just dye it. whatever you do, don't get a box dye or sun-in, these will severely damage your hair. go to sally beauty and buy the dye, they sell quality dyes for very cheap. pick a color that you want, and mix with a 30 or 40 vol developer, depending on how light you want to go. now, keep in mind that your hair is a reddish orange shade, so if you want to get a cooler shade of blonde, your hair will need a ash/green based dye to counteract that red in your hair...or you're risking getting an orange color.



I have red-blonde "virgin" hair. Can I still lighten it with lemons?

im not sure!



I have red-blonde "virgin" hair. Can I still lighten it with lemons?

I have medium brown hair - when i was younger, probably 12 or 13, my mother wouldnt allow me to colour my hair. So she suggested I put lemon juice in my hair and sit out in the sun....so for a few weeks i did this and low and behold it did really ligthen my hair. I dont see why you couldnt put lemon juice in your hair and go tanning at a tanning salon...that should work.



I have red-blonde "virgin" hair. Can I still lighten it with lemons?

Yes in some cases lemons lighten your hair but I wouldn't use lemons if I were you because usually they make red hair even redder so if you have any red in your hair it's a bad idea, also, lemon are really drying for your hair and even if the two former weren't problem you would need the sun's UV rays to see any progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment